Why Work for Hudson Funeral Home?
- At every level, our dedicated team members display a strong work ethic and commitment to our core values, respect for the family, the profession, and the individual.
- Work with leading experts in the funeral and cemetery profession.
- Financial assistant programs encouraging employees through education and development in industry related subjects.
- Robust Health and Welfare Plans, and savings account options, designed to support your personal needs, enhance well-being and help navigate life’s challenges.
- Rich 401k and Roth Retirement Plan options available for both Full Time and Part Time employees along with a Company Match.
- Variety of Vacation, Personal Days and Sick Days based on your role emphasizing the importance of physical and emotional replenishment for our team.
- Employee Discounts on services, merchandise, and property to help our team members in their time of need.
- We value honesty, courage, integrity, ethical behavior and the development of personal growth.
- We are rooted in the communities to provide a personal touch to every family we serve.
- We believe in the value of funeral and cemetery service, drawing on decades of experience to create the best experience for our families.
This position interacts directly with client families during their time of need and is responsible for creating and maintaining a premier level of client family satisfaction.
- Ensures that the client families and/or other persons entering the office receives the information or assistance that they require.
- Assists the Team in the movement of the casketed deceased and other related items in and out of the visitation area, funeral home chapel, church or other place of service.
- Ensures that public spaces such as lobby, chapels, restrooms and reception/rest areas are clean and prepared prior to, and at the conclusion of, scheduled services.
- Responsible for assisting client families in and out of limousine with special emphasis and attention provided to the handicapped and elderly.
- Assists in funeral services and visitation including greeting visitors, coordinating pallbearers and parking.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Teamwork Orientation.
- Detail Orientation.
- Customer Service Orientation.
- Time Management.
Required Education, Experience, Certifications and Licensure
- Four-year degree or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
- Minimum of 1-year experience in client relations or related field.
- Valid state issued driver’s license in good standing and acceptable driving record.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Attend and perform work in a professional and courteous manner in accordance with the employer’s requirements.
- Demonstrated willingness to participate in growing market share through community involvement.
- Able to read, write and speak English fluently. Bilingual is a plus.
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal, as well as external customers, community leaders, and grieving client families.
- Ability to empathize with client families and their guests and demonstrate tact and patience in emotionally charged situations.
- Tactful and professional when dealing with complaints or dissatisfaction with services or merchandise.
- Maintains a positive attitude and working environment through organization and communication.
- Ability to simultaneously handle multiple projects, prioritizes tasks, and exercise good judgment.
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- The duties associated with this position are generally performed in an indoor office setting.
- Outdoor duties may require exposure to natural elements such as inclement weather, extreme temperatures, uneven ground, dust, gas, and/or fumes.
- Equipment used to perform the essential function of this position includes, but is not limited to; computer, fax, copier, multi-line phone system, AV system, body lift, casket handling/transport devices, personal or company owned vehicle.
- Employees in this role are regularly required to climb, sit, stand, bend, kneel, and frequently lift to 25 pounds.
- This position may also require reaching, pushing, and pulling.
- This position may also be exposed to chemicals and/ or blood borne pathogens. Exposure risk is considered: Low
- Overtime is sometimes necessary or required.
- This position may require up to 10 percent out of area and overnight travel.
- Travel is primarily local occurring during the business day only.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.