The Funeral Service Associate is responsible for providing professional assistance to the Funeral Director at funeral services for the family of the deceased, including professional and ancillary services with established standards and practices. Position must maintain optimum levels of customer service.
The primary responsibilities include assisting Funeral Director with services as well as:
- Greets families and guests in a caring and comforting manner
- Drive company vehicles in safe manner
- Assists in transportation of flowers and responsible for tracking of flower cards before services
- Set ups register stand(s) and flower arrangements for services
- Distributes hand-outs and directs guests to register book
- Interfaces with Funeral Directors, Funeral Division, Staff members and families and guests
- May assist with leading services if Funeral Services Intern (FSI) is obtained
- Work flexible schedule to include multiple locations
- Promotes positive environment that effectively represents FFC’s Mission, Vision and Values
High school graduate, or equivalent with two to five years' experience in customer service
Must be able to emotionally deal with grief, death and stress, stand for up to two hours at a time, bend at waist and lift up to 50 pounds from ground level to hip level.
Must be able to carry 50 pounds for 15 feet and lift over head up to 10 pounds.