- Provides a welcoming first point of contact for all office visitors, including vendors, church members, tenants and prospective tenants or other building users, directing them to the appropriate person or building location
- Answers the main office phone and checks its voicemail
- Responds to inquiries to the main office email
- Maintains the online church calendar
- Schedules building usage/set up, including setting thermostats and electronic door opening and closing, recruiting AV support as needed, etc.
- Schedules Zoom meetings for ministry teams as requested
- Coordinates with custodial staff and the Property Team on matters concerning the church’s physical plant, including scheduling needed maintenance and repairs
- Coordinates with custodial staff on the timely display of banners on the church’s exterior wall
- Shares with other office staff in maintaining the church’s web site and social media platforms
- Arranges for maintenance and upgrades for all computers, software updates, internet, Wi-Fi and office equipment in consultation with the Financial
- Links the YouTube sermon recordings to the @First newsletter on a weekly basis
- Creates slide show for Welcome Center and south hallway TV's
4. Office Support:
- Orders and picks up or has delivered office and postal supplies
- Supports the ordering and pickup or delivery of food and supplies for special church or presbytery meetings and events
- Prepares bulletins for weekly worship services and for funerals and weddings as needed
- Produces and publishes the weekly online newsletter and other electronic communications as needed
- Supports the Clerk of Session in maintaining official session and congregation meeting minutes, baptism and membership records, and worship attendance records, and in coordination with the Financial Coordinator submitting the annual
PCUSA congregational statistical report as directed by the session and board of deacons
- Supports the pastor in creating new member packets, baptism welcome bags, etc.
- Manages and directs the work of church office volunteers
- Communicates as needed with Deacons regarding the members of their flocks, supports the Deacons in their providing drivers for church members needing transportation to Sunday services
- Ensures that a memorial donation table, envelopes, a list of memorials requested, and a basket for envelopes is put out at funerals and later picked up
- Communicates with appropriate ministry teams regarding the need for a liaison to outside groups (including Missouri Union Presbytery) holding events at church
- Designs brochures, flyers, pledge and post cards, -advertising materials, etc.,
6. Safety & Security:
- Monitors the office security cameras and reports suspicious persons and/or activities to appropriate staff and/or the Columbia Police Department.
7. Other duties as assigned.
1. Possesses competence with or the ability to learn a variety of computer software applications. Some examples include MS Office Suite, Adobe Photoshop & InDesign,
Canva, AVS (audio editor), Media Shout, Power Church, RegOnline, and MailChimp or
2. Possesses strong organizational skills. Is able to prioritize tasks and get the job done with minimal supervision despite frequent interruptions.
3. Possesses excellent communication skills. Acts as an effective information hub between staff, ministry teams, outside groups, and the members of the congregation.
1. Moral integrity. Does not lie, steal, or falsify records. Fulfills job functions in accordance with federal, state, and local laws and Presbyterian polity. Maintains confidentiality. Is comfortable supporting the mission of a Presbyterian Church (USA) congregation.
2. Collaboration. Maintains open and clear lines of communication among the staff. Accepts feedback and direction from the pastor/head of staff and the session. Pitches in when needed to get the job done.
3. Hospitality. Helps visitors and callers feel welcome. Quickly and effectively solves problems and answers questions. Is polite and considerate.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.67 - $21.63 per hour
Expected hours: 40 per week
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
Work Location: In person