General duties include decedent removal, administrative support, meeting the public, answering questions and providing information on funeral and cremation information and other related topics, answering phones courteously and in a polite manner, assisting on funeral, memorial and other services or ceremonies as requested by funeral home clients and management. Please note, this position may require assistance with lifting, carrying, transporting and preparation of decedents (location specific).
The Funeral Assistant/Attendant duties must be performed consistent with company mission and values and adherence to company policies and procedures.
Essential Functions and Competencies
- Assists with respectful preparation of remains of deceased, including lifting, carrying, transporting, dressing and lifting of deceased, or operation of crematory, as permitted by law and in keeping with company regulations.
- Prepares for services to include delivering and setting up floral arrangements, chairs, caskets, urns, photos and other personal keepsakes or mementos of client families; ensures proper care and storage of any of these items.
- Prepares documents related to services, cremations, maintenance, as directed by management.
- Performs office duties such as answering phones and operating fax machine, computer, multiline phone system, debit card machine, typewriter, postage meter and scale and stereo/video system.
- Run errands such as for floral delivery, picking up of supplies, documents, etc.
- Serves as an usher and may park cars or perform any transportation requirements.
- Drives Funeral Home vehicles for services and picking up families.
- Assist with visitations, memorial and funeral services which may include visitation and chapel set up, dressing and casketing remains, delivering family items and flowers.
- Prepares documents related to services, cremations, maintenance etc.
- Greets and receives client families and / or other persons entering the office for information and assistance.
- Accommodates the needs of the family during a service and/or visitation.
- May wash and clean funeral home vehicles and other client vehicles as required from time to time.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must be able to lift, pull, push 150lbs or more of removals are required.
- Previous customer service and/or sales experience preferred.
- Proficient with MS Office suite and databases preferred; ability and willingness to learn required Certification/Licenses
- Valid state driver's license with an acceptable driving record required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- High level of compassion and integrity
- Clear and concise verbal and written communication skills
Equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, veterans and/or any other status or condition protected by law, except where a bona fide occupational qualification exists.
2899 - Harper Talasek - Killeen Texas