The Security Officer will be responsible for ensuring the safety of patients, staff members and visitors. Additional duties will include, but are not limited to, administrative tasks, completing incident reports, conducting investigations and assisting the nursing staff.
Essential Job Functions*:
- Frequently conducts security/safety rounds of the hospital each shift and documents the findings of each round.
- May be required to assist in the management of aggressive/combative patients and/or family members.
- Monitors high risk patients, may also include patient watches if needed.
- Utilizes security cameras to monitor activity in the hospital and as part of completing incident investigations.
- Provides support to the nursing staff in interacting with the Medical Examiner’s office, funeral homes and affected families in the event of an expired patient.
- Completes appropriate documentation to record all incidents and conducts investigations when warranted. Incident reports and investigations should be provided to the Safety Coordinator.
- Completes MOAB training annually.
- Serves as the point of contact with the police department when the intervention is required.
- Partners with nursing supervisors to ensure the safety of our patients, staff and facilities.
- Provides best practices and process improvement recommendations to the Safety Coordinator.
- Secures the area for all emergency helicopter arrivals and take-offs.
- Complies with hospital and departmental policies, procedures, regulations and standards as related to the job.
- Demonstrates the hospital’s stated mission and values with co-workers, patients, families and visitors.
- Completes other tasks and projects as assigned
- Required: High School diploma
- Work Experience
- Required: Minimum of 2-4 years’ experience in hospital security, law enforcement, the department of corrections or in the military.
Required: Valid New Hampshire Driver’s license
Required: Proven conflict resolution skills and/or demonstrated ability to be effective in high stress or emergent situations
Commitment to providing excellent customer service
Ability to work as part of a team.
Excellent interpersonal skills, empathetic and trustworthy
Exceptional organizational skills and high attention to detail
Proven computer skills including MS Office