The Removal Technician is responsible for the care, removal and transport of human remains in accordance with all state, local and company policies and procedures.
Essential Functions and Competencies
- Care for deceased in a respectful manner.
- Adhere to all professional, municipal, state/provincial and federal licensing and/or authority regulations.
- Keep and Maintain a log of all deceased in their care as well as those transferred from our care.
- Promote a safe work environment be being aware of and practicing universal precautions and adopting general principles of safe conduct.
- Performs removals of deceased from hospital, nursing home or residence to transport to, mortuary or funeral home. May perform removals from prep rooms or embalming facilities as well.
- Maintains and ensures removal vehicle is clean inside and out and is properly maintained.
- Maintains adequate supply of Personal Protective Equipment in removal vehicles.
- This job is Non-exempt.
Required Education and Experience
- High School or GED equivalent Experience
- Minimum of six (6) months’ work experience Certification/License
- Valid Driver’s License with a Clean Driving Record
- Knowledge of computers and some software would be an asset, or willingness to learn
- Above average communication skills
- High level of compassion and integrity
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to multi task and set priorities
- Detail oriented
- Professional and team player
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
None required for this position.
Equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, veterans and/or any other status or condition protected by law, except where a bona fide occupational qualification exists.
2876 - Davis - Las Vegas Nevada