At Everstory Partners, our mission is to create supportive spaces where individuals and families can find solace, meaning, and hope in the midst of loss. At the heart of our mission is a deep understanding of the profound and complex nature of grief. Every person’s journey through loss is unique, and we are committed to providing compassionate and personalized support. We also believe that grief is not a problem to be solved or a burden to manage alone, but rather a natural and beautiful part of the human experience. Backed by our national strength and our local partners’ role is to be a steady presence, a source of comfort and guidance, and a partner in celebrating the life and legacy of the person who has passed.
The Impact You Will Make
The Funeral Director/Embalmer is a significant role that has the opportunity to transform a person's final event into a beautiful celebration of their life through the arrangements and services they offer the deceased and their loved ones. This role will be an empathetic professional that understands the value of providing our families with all options in their time of need. In this position, you will also be responsible for:
- Meeting with clients to make funeral arrangements, explains service options, assists in casket selection, provides pricing information, and prepares standardized contracts for services.
- Performing technical and cosmological embalming services.
- Finalizing details discussed during arrangement conferences with with appropriate tracking & compliance documents.
- Directing funeral services and visitation, including greeting family members, opening parlor, coordinating and instructing pallbearers, greeting and escorting clergy to chapel. May assist with funerals while not acting as primary director or act as hearse or limousine driver when needed.
- Preparing or coordinates preparation and issuance of permits and documents associated with funerals and embalming. This includes death certificate, permits from coroner, writing embalming case study and others as required.
- Removing and transports deceased from home or hospital to funeral home.
- Maintaining cleanliness of preparation room and equipment.
- Performing all other related functions as assigned.
- 1 year of experience as a licensed funeral director and 2 years of post-secondary education.
- Must be a licensed funeral director and embalmer or the ability to obtain a state license; the ability to obtain any additional licensing required by the state.
- Graduated from an accredited school of embalming or mortuary science.
- Possesses a high degree of concentration and attention for a continuous period of time.
- Able to occasionally stand/walk and frequently lift or push.
- Possesses valid state driver's license.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to interact and collaborate effectively with others in a team atmosphere.
Our Investment in You
Everstory Partners is proud to provide our employees with a quality work environment and opportunity for both personal and professional growth. As part of our ongoing commitment, we offer a competitive benefits package for our Full-Time Employees including: Medical, Dental, 401k with a company match, Life, Short-Term Disability, Long-term Disability, Vision, Tuition Reimbursement, Employee Discount Programs, Generous PTO Programs, Volunteer Opportunities & much more!
Everstory Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military or veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law.