At After, we are dedicated to shifting the power from funeral homes to families. We believe in providing a better, easier and more affordable level of care than the industry alternative. As a Care After Hours team member, you will play a vital role in setting the tone for families' interactions with After. You will secure cases, dispatch and respond to inbound queries and communication, and interface with the families we serve more than any other team in the company.
- Answer our 24/7 "First Call" phone line and assist families by answering questions, conducting pricing calls and relaying messages to Care Specialists promptly
- Manage Aircall Missed Calls and Voicemails, ensuring they are assigned to relevant Care Specialists and that all notes are saved in Front/Pipedrive
- Call leads received from the Form Lead Submissions line to provide families with After marketing materials and pitches
- Escalate conversations with families to the proper level and ensure that all urgent responses are addressed promptly
- Assist with administrative tasks
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work outside of standard business hours, primarily during nights and weekends
- Empathetic tone and language, with persuasive and efficient phone skills
- Strong attention to detail and ability to prioritize tasks
- Previous customer service and/or funeral industry experience is a plus
- Represent After well by using an empathetic tone and language, and by being persuasive and efficient on the phones
- Set realistic expectations and promptly dispatch cases, ensuring timely communication with families and relevant stakeholders
- Follow the priority hierarchy and proactively reach out to families and other members of the Care Team
- Document all interactions with families in our CRM system
- Occasionally work outside of regular hours to handle emergency situations or accommodate families' needs
- Go above and beyond to exceed the expectations of the families we serve
- Graveyard shifts (8pm-8am)
- Primarily weekday nights
- Possibly occasional weekend nights
This is a contractor (1099) position with hourly pay.
This role is primarily performed remotely. Onsite training is required at the start of the role -- this occurs during standard business hours and usually lasts about 1-2 weeks. It is expected you will periodically come to the office for a few hours for select meetings and ongoing training.
If you are passionate about making a difference in the lives of families during challenging times and believe in our mission, we would love to hear from you.
Note: This position primarily requires working outside of standard business hours, including nights, weekends and holidays.
Job Type: Contract
Pay: $15.00 per hour
- Evening shift
- Night shift
- Overnight shift
- Weekends as needed
- How are you a good candidate for this position?
- Why do you want to work at After.com?
- Customer service: 1 year (Required)
- Phone etiquette: 1 year (Required)
- Overnight Shift (Required)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Provo, UT 84601