Miracles In Sight seeks compassionate individuals for remote Donor Center Coordinator positions in our 24 / 7 Donor Call Center. Donor Coordinators work closely with grieving families to facilitate eye tissue donation for corneal transplant and research in the United States and around the world. Donor Coordinators contact donor families and conduct medical social history interviews, while coordinating with hospitals, funeral homes and surgical recovery personnel.
Excellent communication skills, empathy and advocacy for donation required. Flexibility is a MUST. You will be required to work 3-12 hour shifts each calendar week on day shift or night shift, including some weekends, and holidays as the Eye Bank needs. Company equipment will be provided.
- 2+ years prior call center experience in an eye or tissue bank required
- Degree preferred, but not required
- High degree of professionalism and compassion toward Donor Families and Donation Partner Agencies
- Must have good investigative and problem-solving abilities and work efficiently in a regulatory and quality-driven team environment
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to multi-task; must have good typing and computer skills
- Handle high outbound call volume, including cold calls
- Interact with multiple online systems while speaking and inputting information received simultaneously
- Strong oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Contribute to the overall quality of the department and organization by maintaining professional and technical knowledge
- Knowledge of medical terminology preferred
As a Donor Center Coordinator, you become part of a family with one purpose - providing the gift of sight. You’re making a profound difference in the lives of those who cannot see. We believe that offering sight to others is one of life’s most valuable gifts. We believe in what we do!
As one of the largest Eye Banks in the United States, MIS offers a positive, dynamic culture with a mission statement that truly helps others in need. Excellent training and benefits are included.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $22.00 - $26.00 per hour
Expected hours: 36 per week
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Night shift
- Weekends as needed
- Eye Banking: 1 year (Required)
Work Location: Remote