Our associates celebrate lives. We celebrate our associates.
Consider the possibilities of joining a Great Place to Work!
Responsible for the care, removal, and transport of deceased. Safely and courteously, drives company owned vehicles. Maintains company vehicles cleanliness. Professional appearance and business suit required when in contact with families; casual attire for vehicle maintenance.
- Safely drives company owned professional vehicles to perform “first call” removals of deceased in accordance with local and state laws as well as company policies and procedures
- Follows processes for chain-of-custody, paperwork, and deceased identification
- Cooperates with first responders, Coroner, hospital staff, or Senior Living facility and accommodate their processes and procedures
- For home removals, courteously and professionally interacts with bereaved family members; exhibits sensitivity to environment; minimizes conversation. Follows company procedures in removing soiled garments, bedding, or other materials; leaves a warm and courteous first impression
- Enters deceased event information into proprietary software according to company procedures
- Transports caskets to airports, care centers, or funeral homes; assists with moving caskets
- Washes, vacuums, and cleans vehicles ensuring vehicle is presentable
- Fuels vehicles as necessary
- Follows safety guidelines and expenditure processes
- Maintains personal protective and removal supplies in vehicles including cleaning products
- Identifies vehicle engine or operating issues to management; drives vehicles for repair or inspection
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Current state/province issued driver’s license with an acceptable driving record
- At least one (1) year work experience as a courier, driver; with direct customer interaction strongly preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability work schedule to support business needs including weekends and nights
- Ability to work on-call weekends, nights and holidays rotation
- Ability to lift; push/pull up to 200 pounds
- Ability to drive in hazardous, heavy traffic, and weather conditions
- Basic computer skills required
Postal Code: 30328
Category (Portal Searching): Operations
Job Location: US-GA - Sandy Springs
Req ID: Req.105343
Position Type: Full time
Who we are. What we do.
We are a company committed to supporting families at difficult times. Nowhere will you find a group of caregivers and teams more passionate about the work they do or more invested in the well-being of the families they serve.
The Dignity Memorial name is a symbol of trust and a mark of excellence. As the largest provider of funeral, cemetery and cremation services in North America, we're dedicated to celebrating the life and legacy of every loved one with professionalism, compassion and attention to detail that is second to none.
"SCI” refers to Service Corporation International and its affiliates.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
SCI Shared Resources, LLC is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process.
On request, we will seek to provide appropriate accessibility options to all applicants with disabilities.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $17.00 per hour
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
- Van driver: 1 year (Preferred)
Willingness to travel:
Work Location: In person