Simpson Strong-Tie is a leader in engineered structural connectors, software, and solutions for the building industry. We maintain a reputation as a trusted manufacturer, partner, and corporate citizen committed to our customers and employees.
Our founder, Barc Simpson established 9 Principles of Business we live out as company values and have made Simpson Strong-Tie an inspiring place to work since 1956. Our team of talented people are dedicated to our shared mission: to provide solutions that help people design and build safer, stronger structures.
Learn about our company culture directly from our team.
As a Project Manager – Merger & Acquisition, you will be responsible for managing and delivering projects supporting the implementation of recent mergers and acquisitions to meet the company’s strategic vision and business objectives.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
Manage and track M&A projects. Utilize project management software and processes to plan, track, and communicate progress of projects with team members and stakeholders. Ensure plans are on track and timelines are kept up to date and communicated. Provide information and progress reports to stakeholders. Maintain records and provide periodic reports on team performance and throughput. (35%)
Develop M&A playbooks. Help with planning, sizing, and choosing the approach of new projects. Work with stakeholders and others to determine the approach required based on the aim or outcome of the project. Work with team members to plan deliverables and their implementation. (25%)
Continually review and refine processes for the implementation phase of M&A. Work with others to improve processes and tools with an aim to improve the ways in which the M&A Projects are initiated, tracked, and completed. (20%)
Manage the workflow of the project process while tracking workload and capacity of team members. Work with individual team members and/or their manager to prioritize and manage tasks related to specific projects. (10%)
Schedule and lead team meetings. Organize meetings as needed for projects or teams, in both one-off and ongoing schedules, as needed. Set and maintain agendas and attendee lists. (10%)
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
If you can do everything listed above, you’ve got what it takes. Perhaps some of the following would be helpful too:
- Bachelor's degree with focus in business or a related field, required.
- 5+ years related experience and / or training; or equivalent combination of education and training in work related to the implementation stage of mergers and acquisitions.
- Experience with Business/ Management Consulting is preferred.
- Project Management: Ability to keep schedules, delegating duties and working within limited time frames to achieve a particular objective. A time-conscious person who is results-oriented and meets strict deadlines. Experience with the PMI methodology of project management is a plus.
- Decision Making & Judgment: Ability to find solutions acceptable to diverse groups with conflicting interests and needs. Ability to balance analysis, wisdom, experience, and perspective when making decisions.
- Self-Management: Ability to display a high level of initiative, effort, and commitment towards completing assignments in a timely manner. Ability to manage multiple tasks and project deadlines.
- Management Skills: Ability to create an environment that allows team to feel motivated to work and interact. Ability to set clear, meaningful, challenging, and attainable goals.
- Attention to Detail: Ability to achieve thoroughness and accuracy when accomplishing a task. Ability to diligently attend to details and pursue quality in accomplishing tasks.
- Communication: Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and group situations.
- Computer Skills: Experience or understanding of Smartsheet or other project management systems is required. Must possess intermediate skills in the use of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk, and hear, and sometimes walk and stand. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may occasionally push or lift up to 25 lbs.
This job operates in a professional office environment where standard office equipment such as computers, phones, printers/scanners, etc. are frequently used.
International and domestic travel may be required up to 20%.
WORK STATUS & LOCATION
This full-time, exempt position is located in Pleasanton, CA. Remote Work is an option.
Relocation is not available for this position.
$80300 - $125300 / year
- Posted pay range is based upon national average and may vary depending on geographical work location.
REWARDS AT SIMPSON STRONG-TIE
We recognize and reward employees with a carefully designed and comprehensive rewards package, including competitive compensation, quarterly bonuses or commission and first-rate benefits. May exclude some positions, such as seasonal jobs.
- Quarterly Bonuses/Commission: You will be eligible for either a bonus or commission, paid on a quarterly basis. We believe all employees affect customers, sales and revenue — directly or indirectly – and should be rewarded by sharing the company profits.
- Benefits: We provide a wide range of benefits for eligible full-time employees including: medical, dental, vision, retirement contributions, employee stock purchase and bonus plans, pay for holidays, vacation, sick days, funerals and jury duty, years of service awards, employee discounts, employee referral bonuses, charitable contribution matching, education reimbursement and more. View benefit plan details here: https://benefits.strongtie.com/.
In keeping with the Company's commitment to the communities in which it does business, we are an equal opportunity employer. This means that to the fullest extent required by local law, employment decisions are based on merit and business needs and not on race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender (which state law may define to include gender identity/expression, transgender identity, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, and gender stereotyping), sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, genetic information, medical condition, covered marital status, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Please note all job offers are contingent upon a successful background investigation and drug test. Simpson Strong-Tie’s drug policy is based upon Federal Law, and therefore will screen applicants for amphetamines, including methamphetamines, cocaine, marijuana/THC, phencyclidine, and opiates.
#NowHiring #GetHired #Hiring #HiringNow