Donation Coordinator (REMOTE)
Department: Donor Center
Job Type: Full-Time
Shift: PM Shift, Overtime as needed; Essential Personnel
Clinical Classification: Non-Clinical
LifeNet Health is searching for talented individuals who will embrace our mission of saving lives, restoring health, and giving hope.
LifeNet Health, headquartered in Virginia Beach, Virginia, is the largest nonprofit organ procurement organization (“OPO”) and tissue processor in the United States, as well as a leading innovator in tissue engineering and regenerative medicine. Our goal is to improve the quality of human life through the provision of organs, tissues and cells for transplantation; to provide innovation in the fields of bio-implants, regenerative medicine and research; and, to serve the community with educational and support services that enhance the donation process. LifeNet Health has over 1200 employees and has a growing global presence.
How you will contribute to LifeNet Health’s success:
The Donation Coordinator functions as a valued member of the Donor Center Team and provides accurate, efficient, and timely donor referral and screening services for its stakeholders such as, tissue recovery agencies, referring hospitals, client Organ Procurement Organizations (OPOs), partner eye banks, Medical Examiner offices, and funeral homes. Provides support and guidance to family members of potential tissue, eye, and research donors by facilitating approach for donation. The Donation Coordinator makes independent decisions when approaching families based on training and experience. Collaborates with hospital staff, as well as, other LifeNet Health (LNH) staff to determine the appropriate time to approach the family to obtain authorization and preform the Donor Risk Assessment form. Donation Coordinators provide quality customer service to all callers and have the ability to multi-task in a frequently fast-paced environment while having a high level of attention to detail. This position directly contributes to the success of LNH with respect to the determining preliminary donor eligibility. This position should embody the values and attributes of LNH and help ensure outstanding customer service throughout the service territory.
What you’ll do:
- Accurately identifies and processes all potential organ, tissue, and eye referrals and tissue screenings to maximize donation opportunities from referring agencies. Communicates with appropriate personnel according to established protocols with exemplary customer service.
- Works empathetically, compassionately, and professionally with families in crisis and advocates for donation and transplantation.
- Accurately and effectively evaluates information for preliminary donor eligibility, including: relevant medical records, clinical course, hemodilution assessment, medical history, and behavioral risk assessment information.
- Follows all communication protocols to ensure effective interactions with Donor Center teammates and stakeholders, including but not limited to Funeral Homes, Medical Examiners, and Hospital Staff.
- Arranges transportation of approved donor tissues from contracted procurement agencies and communicates arrangements according to established protocols.
What you’ll bring (Minimum Requirements):
- High School Diploma or GED
- 3 years' work experience in EMT, hospital corpsman, ER or ICU tech or equivalent, crisis intervention, Human Services, dispatch, counseling, crisis intervention, call center or customer service
- Donor Center Approach Training must be obtained within 1 year of employment.
- Associate degree – Allied Health, Life Sciences, or Related Field
- Successful completion of a technical or professional program to include: EMT, LPN, Hospital, Paramedic, RNs, Respiratory Therapist, Corpsman, Human Services, or Crisis Intervention
- CTBS Certification
- 3 years’ work experience in tissue banking, organ procurement, or related industry; call center experience.
These would be nice too (Knowledge Skills and Abilities):
- Competent experience in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to communicate professionally with refined presentation skills and public speaking with internal and external customers, partners, donor families, and executive leadership.
- Complex knowledge of procedures, practices, and policies
- Ability to anticipate and critically think through problems
Why work at LifeNet Health?
We have a fierce drive for our mission of Saving Lives, Restoring Health, and Giving Hope. You won’t find another company with a culture as strong as ours.
- 403(b) and Profit-Sharing Plan
- Affordable medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Corporate-sponsored events
- Work-life balance with generous paid time off to include vacation time, sick days, and paid holidays
- 18 vacation days
- 9 sick days
- 7 paid holidays
- 2 floating holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- Personal career, skill, and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness Program (gym reimbursement, monthly wellness seminars, mental health toolkit, financial resources, and much more)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for employees and members of their household
- Dedicated and passionate co-workers
- The pay rate for the successful candidate for this remote role will depend on the candidate’s qualifications, prior experience, and geographical location. The pay range for this position is $18.15 hourly (entry-level qualifications) to $31.46 hourly (experienced in this role). This position is also eligible for an annual bonus based on certain criteria being met. Actual compensation may be higher based on the successful candidate’s knowledge and experience.
- For candidates who reside in Washington state, the pay range for this position is $18.15 hourly – $39.33 hourly.
- All benefits are subject to eligibility requirements and LifeNet Health reserves the right to modify or change these benefits programs at any time, with or without notice, unless otherwise required by law. Further, nothing in this posting is intended to alter the “at will” relationship of a successful candidate and this posting does not constitute a specific promise.”
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer EOE/M/F/Disability/Vet. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.